Friday, May 21, 2010

5/21/2010- Friday

We finished our shooting game. We were shooting ducks, and I also put a level indicator as the ducks got faster and you got ten seconds to kill all the three ducks. Well, it's more fun when you play it, and even more when you make it and then play it.

Things I learned:
1) How to use 'for' loops.
I could have used that for this blog, so that I could get past for the word limit. I might not be able to write 500 words in 7 minutes. For loops are used to just keep on doing something as many times as you want it to.

2) How to make sprites in bunk
We used some trick I forgot the name of and instead of creating sprites created a group of sprites. Then, we used 'for' loop and kept on increasing the number of sprites according to our will.

3) How to wipe out a game after the timers up.
When the timer counts down, and the count reaches 0, something should happen. I used the 'cleanUp' tag to just clean up all the sprites on the screen. So, you'd better play good if you want to play long.

My questions:
1) What was the name of the method we used using '[]' after OvalSprite in 'private OvalSprite[] dots'?

2) What does '[]' stand for in it?

3) How do we get the game back in the starting point where when you press 'Start' the game starts after the timer's up?

P.S.: Arnav Sir, I don't exactly remember how much I know, but I know that I know those stuff. And in the limited time, I don't get enough time to think over what all I know or have learned. So, some things might not have been displayed at all. But I definitely remember what I have doubt in, and without any doubt, there are questions above on it.

P.S.(2): The P.S. is counted in the word limit.

No comments:

Post a Comment